MSNBC GOP Shill Joe Scarborough Calls Donald Trump Thinned Skin

Screen Shot 2015 07 24 at 7.52.24 AM
(MSNBC/screengrab) Joe Scarborough, left, and Mika Brzezinski interviewing Donald Trump.
MSNBC anchor Joe Scarborough was repeatedly left flabbergasted during an interview Friday morning with real-estate developer Donald Trump.
The interview started to go off the rails at the very start when the Republican presidential candidate noted to Scarborough and cohost Mika Brzezinski that he wasn't mentioned earlier in the show.
"You know we all love you and Mika, but I was listening to you talk about Bush and Rubio and a couple of others," Trump told Scarborough of fellow presidential candidates Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio, "and you sort of forgot to mention my name even though I'm creaming them all in the polls."
But the "Morning Joe" anchor loudly insisted that he had been giving Trump plenty of coverage.
"Donald, what are you talking about? What are you talking about! We've been talking about you for a week!" he said. "What are you talking about Donald? How thin is your skin? I've been talking about you for a week!"
A back-and-forth ensued.
"Donald, you aren't really that thin-skinned, are you?" Scarborough said. "We have been talking about you so much. This is hilarious. You are incredibly thin-skinned, my friend."
After Trump panned what he described as inaccurate coverage of his Thursday campaign stop in Laredo, Texas, by MSNBC political correspondent Kasie Hunt, Scarborough again questioned the real-estate magnate's judgment.
"Oh come on, Kasie's great," he said. "I think sometimes you are actually on TV what Mika says I am in private: Somebody that can listen to somebody say 95% things that are nice about me and I seize on the 5% [that's negative] and obsess on it forever. I suggest you're doing that."
But the interview didn't slow down there. At another point, when Scarborough noted that many people supported Trump's immigration agenda, Trump interjected to note that people supported him for other reasons as well.
"I know, Donald! My god, stop being so thin-skinned!" Scarborough said with a laugh. "I love it."
Trump was clearly left unfazed, though. He later jokingly poked Scarborough again for not mentioning him at the start of the show.
"Oh my lord," Brzezinski said.
"Oh my lord! Oh my lord!" Scarborough added.
Earlier this week, Scarborough mused at length at Trump's role in the presidential race. Scarborough, a former Republican congressman, wrote that there was "at least a small chance that Mr. Trump will stop making unforced errors soon."
"And if that happens," he added, "there is no telling where this crazy race goes next."
Watch the Friday "Morning Joe" segment below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Your Comments