- 10 Quotes From Founding Fathers On Separation Of Church And State
- TOP 20 RIGHT WING PROPAGANDAIST
- The Purpose Of FOX News
- What The GOP Doesn't Know About The Constitution
- Our Liberal Founding Fathers
- The Bible and Homosexuality
- 13 Thing The Bible Forbids that you all do
- 20 Vile Quotes Against Women By Religious Leaders From St. Augustine to Pat Robertson
- Park Avenue: Money, Power & The American Dream
- 15 Websites Saving the Environment by Changing the Food System
- What Does the New Testament Say about Homosexuality?
- How The Right Wing Took Over America's Media
- 35 Founding Father Quotes Conservative Christians Will Hate
- Here's 15 things everyone would know if there really were a "liberal media"
- America's Most Hated Family
- List of Companies Supporting Right-Wing and Tea Party Causes
- State Democratic Parties
- What did the founders really think about corporati...
- Neo-Con Project For The New American Century
- 5 Reasons America Is Not—And Has Never Been—A Christian Nation
- How Reagan Destroyed America
- What America’s founding father really thought about religion
- How NeoCons Got Us into War
- Jesus On S-E-X
- Greatest American Liberals In History
- Lies Fundamentalist Christians Teach Their Childre...
- Jesus Versus Republicans: On S-E-X
- Religion & Homosexuality
|Lexington Herald-Leader’s press room|
Yet another disturbing attack on our free press and the newspapers that keep our democratic discourse alive has just occurred in Lexington, Kentucky.
On Sunday morning, sometime between 9:15 and 11:00 am, an unknown perpetrator fired a number of small caliber bullets into the windows of the Lexington Herald-Leader’s press room, reports the newspaper:
It is just the latest in a string of incidents that illustrate how President Trump’s relentless attacks on the press are endangering the lives of reporters.
Last week, Republican congressional candidate Greg Gianforte viciously assaulted a reporter who had previously written an unflattering story about him, body-slamming him to the ground and breaking his glasses.
The very next day, Texas Governor Greg Abbott casually joked about shooting reporters who asked him questions he didn’t like.
President Trump has spent the past year and a half viciously denigrating reporters and our free press for debunking his lies and for dredging up the many, many skeletons in Donald Trump’s closet.
He’s labeled the press an “enemy of the people,” accusing them of lying and of fabricating stories to make him look bad, threatened to rewrite libel laws to make it easier to punish reporters for doing their jobs, and constantly refers to the mainstream media as the “fake news” media.
Since taking office, brilliant investigative work by our newspapers has kept his administration constantly engulfed in humiliating scandals amid an almost daily string of bombshells exposing Trump and his team’s potentially treasonous collusion with agents of the Russian Federation.
The President of the United States is engaged in a full-on war with the First Amendment and the very concept of truth deriving from fact-based evidence as he desperately tries to hoodwink the American people into believing his lies. Our free press is one of the primary bulwarks we have against our nation’s slow slide towards authoritarianism – and now it is literally under attack.
Thankfully, nobody was hurt in this deeply disturbing shooting – but judging from the frequency with which these it’s only a matter of time before Trump’s dangerous anti-press rhetoric claims its first victim.
Putin, Macron meet in Versailles in symbolic step to mend frayed ties
Paris (dpa) - Russian President Vladimir Putin met his newly inaugurated French counterpart, Emmanuel Macron, in Versailles on Monday in what was seen as a symbolic step towards improving relations. Putin, who had met with Macron's far-right rival, Marine Le Pen, in Moscow during the run-up to the election, tried to smooth things over with the…
Manuel Noriega, the Panamanian military dictator who often played opposing sides of Cold War-era political battles, until he was ousted by his on-again, off-again sponsors and toppled in a U.S. invasion, has died, according to The Associated Press. He was 83. Noriega operated as a spy for the CIA, laundered money for Colombian drug traffickers and…
Kushner’s sister, Nicole Meyer, was caught on video trying to lure Beijing investors into participating in a Kushner Companies condominium project in New Jersey by holding out the prospect of immigration visas that could lead to permanent residence in the United States.