Video: In Court, Victims' Family Members Tell Charleston Shooter 'I Forgive You'






Appearing in court, Dylann Storm Roof was granted a $1 million bond on just the weapons charge. The judge said he did not have the right to set bond for the nine counts of murder.
The judge allowed the family members of the shooting victims to speak directly to Roof.
In what was a stunning and heartbreaking turn of events, family member after family member told Roof, "I forgive you."
One said, "God forgive you," too.

"I will never hold her again. ... you hurt me, you hurt our people, let God forgive you, and I forgive you," another family member said.
Another told him, "every fiber of my being hurts," and another cried, "I will never talk to her again."

"We invited you to our Bible study at 8 p.m. Wednesday," the mother of Tywanza Sanders, killed at the church, said. "May God have mercy on you."
Another told Roof to repent and accept Christ.
"We forgive you. We would like to give you this opportunity to repent."
Roof did not speak, except when the judge asked him several basic questions.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Your Comments